Purple Bold Geometric Guatemalan Huipil Fabric Clutch with Wrist Strap
Bold Purple Geometric Vintage Huipil Fabric Clutch with Wrist Strap Handmade in Guatemala.
- One of a kind - vintage Huipil fabric
- Fully lined with Fabric and interior zipper pocket
- Wrist Strap
- Outside zippered compartment
- Purple with Flowers Measures 10" W by 5 1/2" H
- Geometric Purple measures 9 1/2" W by 5" H
"Huipil" refers to a weaving technique usually made with fabric woven on a back strap loom. The designs can be rich in symbolism when using images of gods, flowers, frogs and other images with mythological importance. It also includes a set of symbols which serve as a kind of signature of the weaver. The ceremonial huipil has designs that represent the universe. This huipil is used only by women of the highest social rank and it is also used to dress statues of saints.